The weather is crappy today in Michigan; cold and rainy, but hey I'm not working, so it's a great day! Tarzan and my 15 year old nephew Reed are at the U of M versus MSU football game. They route for MSU, but I'm a graduate of UM so our family is split. haha. Anyway it's not looking too promising for my team at the moment.
I did some shopping this morning and I just finished putting the ingredients to White Chicken Chili in the crockpot. It should be done by the time they get home. Reed is staying the night tonight. I love having company over! I'm going to make some pumpkin muffins shortly - we can have those for breakfast tomorrow. Yummy!
White Chicken Chili - Crockpot Version
1 onion chopped
1 celery chopped
2 carrots chopped
2 cloves of garlic minced
28 ounces of chicken broth
3 or 4 15 oz. cans of white cannellini beans or white northern beans
1 4 oz. can of chopped green chiles
2 pounds ground chicken or ground turkey (can use chicken breasts or thighs too)
2 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp oregano
1/2 tsp Cayenne pepper (optional)
3-4 squirts of tabasco or chili sauce
Salt and pepper to taste
Brown chicken or turkey. Put all ingredients in the crock pot and cook on low for 4-6 hours. Great on a cold, rainy day!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Oooh, must try. I only ever make beef chili.
ReplyDeleteOh, my gawsh. With the cold weather that we've been having down here, I will most certainly get Frank to try out this recipe within the next couple of weeks. Yum.
ReplyDelete