Friday, February 12, 2010

An amazing woman

A young woman whose blog I've read for sometime now has posted her goodbye. Her life is coming to an end after a life of living with Cystic Fibrosis. She has touched so many lives by making her journey public. She had a lung transplant a couple of years ago but her body started rejecting the lungs a few months ago. She needed another double lung transplant, which sadly will not come in time. I know Eva's legacy will be that thousands of other people decide to become organ donors and that perhaps they will someday save the life of someone. If you are not signed up to be an organ donor, please do so today. Her legacy will also be that she showed the world how to love.

Eva's lung transplant was documented and made into an award winning documentary film. Here is the link to the website about the film - 65 Red Roses

Her legacy will live on.

2 comments:

  1. Kelly, I am still breaking down every time I think about Eva. Some things in life I do not understand.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know Erin, me too. Especially now that I am done working for the day and I am drinking a glass of wine. The tears are flowing like mad right now. I truly believe that some people are meant to be angels and their purpose is greater than the years lived on earth. I know Eva is one of those angels. I pray that someday I can be an organ donor and save a life in her honor.

    ReplyDelete