Monday, November 2, 2009
No new car today!
Tarzan and I arrived at the dealer at 10 am this morning to pick up my new Chevy Traverse; which we had picked out/put a deposit on Saturday. However the dealer tried to pull a fast one on us and all of a sudden the price was much higher. They wouldn't budge and neither would we, so we walked away. I'm sad that I won't be driving my new car today, but happy we stuck to our guns. I hate that car shopping is like this. Oh well, now I wait.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Someone famous once said, 'when you buy a car you always get ripped off, you just have to accept this before you even walk through the dealership's door'! I hate buying cars!
ReplyDeleteWhat a crappy thing to have happen! We found a much better deal on our lease in Southfield then at our regular dealer in Lapeer. May be worth doing comparisons from dealer to dealer especially since now they all use different banks. Sorry for the frustration and hoping you're driving a new car soon :-)
ReplyDeleteThat sucks.
ReplyDeleteI don't know how far you are willing to drive, but we loved our salesman in Frankenmuth. His name is Mike Stewart and he is at Mike Young. You could always call him and see what he has in stock before making the drive.
What the heck? What dealer was it! I will seriously take this situation higher up at GM if it will help! (well, Mike will)
ReplyDeleteThat is just wrong. E-mail me or call me! I want to hear the details!
Maybe we could get you even a better deal than they originally promised due to the inconvenience!