I started this blog about 5 months ago after my failed DE cycle. I wanted somewhere to write about non-Infertility stuff, about the rest of my life, to have a public blog (since my IF blog is private), and really to be able to write about whatever I wanted. I will continue doing all of that on this blog, but I wanted to just write a quick note to say that our "break from TTC" is coming to an end. I do not plan to write about it here much, if at all (that's what my private blog is for), but I did want to at least be honest. Tarzan and I have talked at great length and we are going to give it another try. We want to be able to look back when we are 70 years old say we gave it our all; either we'll have kids and maybe grandkids by then, and we can say it was worth it, or we'll at least be able to say that we tried - that we did multiple treatments, and went down a variety of alternative paths in our attempts. If it doesn't work we'll be able to look back without regret.
That being said, we know at age 39 and 41 we need to get this show on the road. We are going at this last attempt with a two-pronged approach. We will be doing an FET with our 1 and only frozen embryo, and at the same time will be pursuing traditional surrogacy. Yes I said it, traditional surrogacy. We recently found out that Tarzan has no fertility benefits on his medical insurance at his new job in Chicago (we were really hoping, but the company is not headquartered in Illinois, therefore the IVF mandate does not apply). Considering we've maxed out my insurance over the past 3 years, we just feel that if we are going to spend a ton of money, we'd rather risk it on TS than on a fresh DE cycle that may not work. We haven't started either process yet. The FET will probably be around February, and we have no surrogate. We are just starting the process of trying to find a traditional surrogate who will be willing to help us achieve parenthood. We'll see how it goes. Those of you who follow my private blog - there isn't much there yet, but as these processes get underway I'll post more.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Oh, I think it's so good to know that you gave it your all. You don't want any regrets!! Cole and I have talked a lot about doing surrogacy in the future with our five frozen embryos. We'll have to wait till he's done with school and settled, but I'm looking forward to that adventure and reading about yours!!
ReplyDeleteP.S. I would love to get together with you soon. Definitely after the holidays would be best!
I'm so anxious for you. I totally agree with you that it's good to explore all options so you never look back with regrets. That was always our consideration, too. Thinking of you...
ReplyDeletewhat exciting news to share !
ReplyDeleteI am so excited to hear of your plans for moving forward and will keep you close in my prayers. Wishing, hoping, and praying for the best of outcomes!!
ReplyDeletethat sounds like a good plan. Regrets are the worst, so you GO for it!!
ReplyDeleteI'm so happy for your plans to move forward! I think it's best to live life with no regrets and important to do everything you can to make that happen. I've got fingers and toes crossed for you :-)
ReplyDeleteKelly- So glad you're giving it another go and also have an alternative plan!! Praying for you!
ReplyDeleteThanks so much for the visit and kind words. Please do the littlest updates here so I can follow what happens from February on :)
ReplyDeleteGood luck!