Sunday, August 9, 2009

Welcome to my new blog

My nickname is Soapchick and my husband's nickname is Tarzan. I have another private blog which I've written on for two years, but I decided to create a new public blog that talks about the things in my life beyond infertility. We are taking a break from our quest to have a baby. I think I need the break more than Tarzan, and that is okay.

What is the story behind our nicknames? Well I am one of the owners of Backyard Soaps & More, a soap and candle making/selling business; which I started in my kitchen in 2001; hence the name Soapchick. We now have a retail store and manufacturing facility, a website, a home party division, and we sell wholesale throughout the country. Oh and I have a new partner who actually now owns the majority of the company because well I ran out of money, and I have another full time job. I work at one of the big two IT companies. Regarding Tarzan; on my private blog, when it was still public, I requested help from my blog readers in coming up with a nickname for my husband who wasn't keen on me mentioning his real name on the world wide web. At first I was alternating between Rocky (because he's Italian and loves the Rocky movies), and between Tarzan which was suggested by Io. In the end Tarzan just stuck, so I dropped Rocky.

I have a bunch of posts in my mind as well as some pictures of the last couple of weekends, so hopefully I'll get to them soon.

1 comment:

  1. I'm one of the people who had trouble leaving a comment before, but it seems to be fixed now!

    I believe a break from IF treatment can do a lot of good. It helped my dh & I clarify our thoughts about the direction we wanted to take with our lives. I hope it helps you too. Looking forward to reading more!

    ReplyDelete